Monday, June 9, 2008

3G Iphone. It's about time.


New Iphone is on the horizon and i can't lie... I'm a tad bit disappointed. Not completely but a little. Here' s what apple is tossing at us in their new smart phone:

• 3g. They say the download speeds are about 2.4x faster. 
• Google Maps now with GPS. The map actually follows you around know as opposed to hitting the target button to find your current location. Hence... GPS.
• The App Store. Now you don't have to hijack your iphone for applications (but I'm sure we'll find   a reason to hijack it anyway). You can pay for applications and download them wirelessly and there are a few apps that are free.
• The new Iphone is a UMTS/HSDPA and GSM world phone which means on my next trip to Tokyo i can use it for more than just a Ipod Touch.
• Smaller price tag. The Iphone will start at $199. Nice.
• The phone comes in your choice of black or white.
• There's a couple other features i may have missed. Just visit www.apple.com for more info.

Now that iv'e gotten the good stuff out the way there are a couple things that still bug me.
1. Why cant we get an Iphone that exceeds 16 gigs of memory?
2. Why cant we have a video camera? It is possible there's an application out now that allows the phone to take short videos.
3. Ok. The "cons" list is shorter than i thought but i had to get it out of my system.

I'm a bit of a fanboy i must admit. So i am i bit bias. I will be online for this one. The release date is July 11th. See you there. I'll be the one with the crutches.

No comments: